Mobile phone: +7 961 800 1974
My research is focused on biodiversity, taxonomy and phylogeny of Amoebozoa based on microscopic and molecular characters. Specifically, two current research projects are «Taxonomic revision, phylogenetic analysis and morphospecies structure in the order Himatismenida (Amoebozoa incertae sedis)» and «Biodiversity of naked lobose amoebae (Amoebozoa) in deep-sea habitats» (both supported by the grants from the Russian Foundation for Basic Research 12-04-01835 and 12-04-33229, respectively).
I am currently in the process of establishing a research group at the Department, therefore, motivated bachelor and master students interested in amoeboid protists are invited to collaborate. Please, contact me if you are interested in doing research on Amoebozoa and accomplishing of your term paper as well as bachelor and master work on the topic.
- Methods of electron microscopy (1st year master students, Spring semester)
- Molecular methods in zoology, practical course (1st year master students, Spring semester; in cooperation with E.S. Nassonova and N.A. Mikhailova)
Besides research and teaching my other duties at the Department include management of microscopic and molecular laboratories and individual supervision over the students using these facilities.
- Kudryavtsev A, Brown MW, Tice A, Spiegel FW, Pawlowski J and Anderson OR (2014) A revision of the order Pellitida Smirnov et al., 2011 (Amoebozoa, Discosea) based on ultrastructural and molecular evidence, with description of Endostelium crystalliferum n. sp. Protist 165: 208–229. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.protis.2014.02.003
- Kudryavtsev A and Pawlowski J (2013) Squamamoeba japonica n. g. n. sp. (Amoebozoa): a deep-sea amoeba from the Sea of Japan with a novel cell coat structure. Protist 164: 13–23.
- Pawlowski J, Audic S, Adl S, Bass D, Belbahri L, Berney C, Bowser S S, Cepicka I, Decelle J, Dunthorn M, Fiore-Donno A M, Gile G H, Holzmann M, Jahn R, Jirku M, Keeling P J, Kostka M, Kudryavtsev A, Lara E, Lukes J, Mann D G, Mitchell E A D, Nitsche F, Romeralo M, Saunders G W, Simpson A G B, Smirnov A V, Spouge J L, Stern R F, Stoeck T, Zimmermann J, Schindel D and de Vargas C (2012) CBOL Protist Working Group: barcoding eukaryotic richness beyond the animal, plant, and fungal kingdoms. PLoS Biology 10: e1001419.
- Kudryavtsev A (2012) Microscopic evidence for inclusion of Parvamoeba Rogerson, 1993 into the order Himatismenida (Amoebozoa). Europ J Protistol 48: 85–88.
- Kudryavtsev A, Pawlowski J and Hausmann K (2011) Description of Paramoeba atlantica n. sp. (Amoebozoa, Dactylopodida) — a marine amoeba from the Eastern Atlantic, with emendation of the dactylopodid families. Acta Protozool 50: 239–253.
- Kudryavtsev A, Wylezich C and Pawlowski J (2011) Ovalopodium desertum n. g. n. sp. and the phylogenetic relationships of Cochliopodiidae (Amoebozoa). Protist 162: 571–589.
- Burki F, Kudryavtsev A, Matz M, Aglyamova G, Bulman S, Fiers M, Keeling P and Pawlowski J (2010) Evolution of Rhizaria: new insights from phylogenomic analysis of uncultivated protists. BMC Evolutionary Biology 10: 377.
- Kudryavtsev A, Pawlowski J and Hausmann K (2009) Description and phylogenetic relationships of Spumochlamys perforata n. sp and Spumochlamys bryora n. sp (Amoebozoa, Arcellinida). J Eukaryot Microbiol 56: 495–503.